Sainte-Maxime, Cote d’Azur – Top 10 Beaches
Monday, 24 February 2014
Here’s our guide to top 10 sandy beaches in and around Sainte-Maxime
Sainte-Maxime Headland, View across the Bay to St Tropez and Sainte-Maxime beaches
1. Barco Beach on Plage de la Nartelle. Exclusive private beach with comfortable sun loungers, parasols, an “a la plancha” menu, cocktails and a first floor sun terrace. There is a Children’s Menu and a play area plus lifeguards.
2. Le Diamant on Plage de la Croisette. A private beach on the pebbly southern end of the Sainte-Maxime. Offering a magnificent view of the Gulf of Saint-Tropez, this restaurant has a menu specialising in grilled fish.
3. Saint-Barth on Plage de la Nartelle. A multi-activity complex with a restaurant and bar. You can book a sun lounger directly on the beach or by the heated swimming pool. Water sports available; jet ski, parascending, scuba diving, motor boating, sailing, jet ski trips, water-ski, towed swimming rings, fly-fishing,…
4. Plage des Elephants. A sandy beach with showers and toilets – one of the 2 areas where dogs are allowed (on a leash). Plage des Elephants was made famous by the author of the Babar the Elephant children’s stories, who holidayed here.
5. Plage de la Nartelle. A superb family-friendly beach with lifeguards, showers, toilets and water sports available. This beach is also accessible by wheelchair.
6. Mahi Plage private beach on Plage de la Nartelle. With a snack bar as well as a restaurant, this one is perfect for those more interested in sun bathing than eating! Ideal for families with children’s menus and a play area.
7. Plage de la Garonnette. Fine sand and crystal clear water, this beautiful beach makes up the northern most part of the Sainte-Maxime coastline. There are showers, toilets, wheelchair access and lifeguard surveillance.
8. Plage les Elephants a private beach on Plage des Elephants. The Restaurant offers Asian cuisine in a simple ambiance with many sun loungers and parasols available directly on the beach.
9. Plage de la Madrague. Accessible by bus, this beach is dog-friendly (on a leash). Several coves make it ideal for snorkelling.
10. Plage du Centre-Ville. Benefitting from all the amenities – parking, bus, wheelchair access, showers, toilets, tourist information, lifeguard surveillance and the town centre. It faces south, opposite the marina and offers a stunning view of the Gulf of Saint-Tropez – easy to get a ferry across to St Tropez!
For more information see the Sainte-Maxime Tourist Office Site
|Apartment Baie Blue ref AM043A- Luxury Apartment for Rent with Stunning Sea Views|
WHY NOT ENJOY ALL THAT SAINTE-MAXIME HAS TO OFFER STAY IN ONE OF South France Villas properties in this area, such as a fabulous apartment just minutes
walk from the centre of Sainte-Maxime – AM043A Apartment Baie Bleu
a luxury villa with 2 pools for 14 just 500mts from the beach VR011A Villa Maxime
|Wow-Factor luxury Contemporar Villa in Sainte Maxime ref VR011A – sea views and walking distance to beach|
or a contemporary villa with panoramic views AM035A Villa Ilana
|Stunning sea views from the terrace of this luxury villa rental in Sainte Maxime – Villa Illana ref AM035A|
|AM043A Apartment Baie Bleu, VR011A Villa Maxime, AM035A Villa Ilana|