Frequently Asked Questions
Please find below the most frequently asked questions, if you don’t find your answer then please do not hesitate to contact us
How do I book and pay for a villa?
The easiest way is to complete an online booking form (Request booking), which you can find on each property’s page. We will then double check the availability with the owner and request that the villa is held for you. A payment request to pay a 30% non refundable deposit will then be sent, this can be paid by bank transfer or by credit/debit card with no fee. The remaining 70% is due 8 weeks before your arrival and can be paid by bank transfer. We will send you a reminder the week before the payment is due. Please also see our full booking conditions.
Are pets accepted?
Certain villas do accept pets on request for an additional fee and this will be detailed on the villa’s booking conditions. Pets are not allowed in the swimming pool, bedrooms, or on the furniture and all mess should be removed from the garden/grounds. https://www.southfrancevillas.com/villas-where-pets-accepted
Are you ABTA/ATOL bonded?
As we are not a travel agent or tour operator and only offer accommodation we are not able to be part of these groups. We have been in the business for over 20 years and have a close working relationship with all our owners. If you are at all concerned paying the deposit by credit card gives you added piece of mind.
What happens if I have to cancel?
Please see our full booking conditions . Covid-19 has had a huge impact on the travel industry and as South France Villas properties are owned by individual owners please contact us to discuss terms and conditions for the property you are interested in.
What if I need to change my booking?
If you wish to add people or change names (subject to the maximum number of people allowed at the villa), we can do this for no charge. If you wish to change your dates, this would be subject to availability and any price difference.
Can I have a wedding or party at the villa?
Certain properties are suitable for weddings and celebrations and additional costs may apply. For all other villas no parties may be held, if you wish for anyone to visit the villa whilst you are there this must be authorised in advance.
Will I have to pay anything extra?
The majority of our villas have cleaning, bed linen and towels included (bring your own for the pool and beach). A breakages deposit will be payable to the owner either before arrival or cash on arrival. Taxe de Sejour (Tourist Tax) is payable on most villas and this may be taken from the breakages deposit or need to be paid in cash on arrival. (Ranges from 50 centimes to 2.50 Euro per day per adult). Certain villas may charge extra for air-conditioning and heating the pool, all the information is detailed in the villa’s booking conditions.
Do the villas have a cot and high-chair, Coffee Machine, etc ?
Most villas can provide a cot and high chair, please make a note of it on the special request part of the booking form. Cot linen is not provided so you will need to bring your own. Information on what type of coffee machine, how many hairdryers etc can be found on each villa’s description.
How do I access the villa and at what time?
Once you have paid the deposit you will have access to the owner’s details and the arrival information. Some villa owners or property managers will meet you at the villa and others have a key box entrance system. (Don’t forget to take the details with you). The standard arrival time is 17.00 and departure 10.00 am, please check the individual villa’s booking conditions for any variation.
Do I have to arrive on a Saturday?
Outside of July and August most villa owners will be flexible for the arrival day and length of stay. For the peak months the majority of villas have a Saturday arrival day, however we can always ask for you.
Can the owner provide extra services such as catering and housekeeping ?
We can recommend Dine and Indulge for private chefs and many owners will have a local contact. Extra cleaning /housekeeping can normally be arranged and is charged on an hourly basis (prices vary from 20 to 50 Euro an hour). Certain villas have a mid-stay clean included which will be detailed in the villa’s booking conditions. A pre-stocked fridge may also be possible.
What do I do if I have a problem whilst at the villa?
In the first instance check the house-book which may have helpful information, then call the owner or property manager if you have not been able to solve the problem. Please inform us should there be a serious problem or if you are unable to solve the problem with the owner.