Collection and use of data
- South France Villas can obtain personal data from you from a number of different sources:
- When you search for or request details on services from the Website, or if you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
- When you submit a completed Booking Form to SFV, together with any applicable methods of payment.
- Via your individual IP location. This is a necessary function of the Website that enables SFV to return details of accommodation that you have requested, tours that are relevant to your geographical location and in order for SFV to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
- SFV needs your name, address, and/or email address so that it can send out information to you, and advise you of special offers and promotions it think may be of interest to you. SFV also requires this information about you, and others included in your party, in order to complete bookings made with it for your holiday.
- In order to complete your booking with Owners, SFV will need to collect information about you and others included in your party to pass to the Owners for the purpose of booking your holiday. This information may include, but is not exclusively, details such as your name, your address (in order to send the confirmation invoice and travel documentation to you), including your email address, postcode and your telephone number (if SFV needs to contact you about your booking urgently), and the same details of those in your party.
- You have the right to ask SFV not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by SFV. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet SFV’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
- SFV operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
SFV may obtain information about your general usage, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis, by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that contain information, and help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to the Website.
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. For further information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information about SFV, for example the SFV newsletter by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to modify or change your personal details after you have booked your holiday, please also notify the Owner as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information SFV holds about you, you may email SFV at email@example.com.